Parking Lot and Road Safety
For the safety of our children and community members, please make sure to adhere to the following requirements:
- Road Safety: Please be mindful of our school zone speed limits, as well as children that are walking, rolling, and cycling to and from school. All parents: please review road and parking lot safety with your children.
- The parking lot pull through lanes in front of the school are strictly for drop-off. The Clayton Road pull through lanes are also strictly for drop-off. Drivers should not leave their vehicles. If you wish to walk your child to their lineup, or you have a lengthy goodbye routine please use a parking stall or park offsite.
- Near morning and afternoon bell times, bus lanes need to remain clear not only to keep traffic from backing up into the road, but also to allow room for the buses to safely pick up and drop off children. There should be no stopping in the drop-off/pickup lanes unless your child is visibly waiting and ready to get in the car. A significant backup extending into the road can develop extremely quickly.
- Model appropriate behaviours, especially given that children are most often present. If you notice someone parked in an area they shouldn’t be, please calmly and respectfully let them know, and similarly, receive such messages with understanding that we are all working together to keep our kids safe.
- Morning supervision starts at 8:25. Bus students are also supervised after school. In the rare instances that there has been a mix-up or there has been a delay in picking up a child, please contact the office.
- There is some parking along Clayton Road, and along West Saanich. Parking in one of those spots and walking your child to or from the school will help with congestion.
Thanks for working together in the interest of safety.